So, you are going to start a new journey with a Low Cost Obd2 Scanner; good luck for you! But not only the ‘good luck’ wish will ensure a great journey with the product, tight?
You have to go through hundreds of similar-looking, differently-performed products and choose a single one that would be suitable for your particular needs. Sounds difficult?
Well, we admit that the product selection process is truly difficult but only when you don’t have the right direction. We are here with the best 10 Low Cost Obd2 Scanner on the market with buying guide so you don’t waste your valuable hours on the research.
You might ask, how we chose the products?
We collected the all the popular brands (among what you find it hard to choose the one) and tested individually. After the tests, our team discussed the individual features and ranked the products in a short-list from one to ten numbers.
Not only this, but we talked with real-life users and got idea about how they feel about the products. Not every brand will give you 100% positive user experience; you may need to compromise some qualities for the sake of your budget or any other particular feature.
10 Best Low Cost Obd2 Scanner
And, your wait is over now. Here are the most exciting products on the market that offer you some great features and make your life easier.
- Multi-Functions - Practical Multi-Functions OBD2 code reader features built-in OBD2 DTC lookup library, which help you to determine the cause of the engine light, read code, erase code, view freeze frame, I/M ready, vehicle information, data flow, real-time curve, get vehicle speed information, calculate load value, engine coolant temperature, get engine speed.
- Wide Capability - Supports 9 protocols compatible with most 1996 US-Based, 2000 EU-Based and Asian cars, and newer OBD II & CAN domestic or import vehicles. Supports 6 languages - English,German, Dutch, Spanish, French, Italian.
- LCD Display - Designed with a clear display LCD screen (128 x 64 pixels) - white backlight and contrast adjustment. No need any battery or charger, OBD reader gets the power directly from your vehicle through the OBDII Data Link Connector.
- Compact Design - Car diagnostic scanner is equipped with a 2.5 feet long cable and made of a very thick flexible insulator.There are 6 buttons on OBD2 Scanner:scroll up/down,enter/exit and buttons that quick query VIN vehicle number& the DTC fault code.
- ABS / Airbag codes NOT Supported - It is able to read and clear check engine information which is part of OBDII system, but it cannot work with non-OBDII systems, including ABS / Airbag / Oil Service Light, etc.
- CEL Doctor: The ANCEL AD310 is one of the best-selling OBD II scanners on the market and is recommended by Scotty Kilmer, a YouTuber and auto mechanic. It can easily determine the cause of the check engine light coming on, quickly read and clear diagnostic trouble codes, read live data & hard memory data, view freeze frame, I/M monitor readiness and collect vehicle information. Instead of taking car to mechanic shop, you can use it to check the trouble code and show code definition by yourself.
- Sturdy and Compact: Equipped with a 2.5 foot cable made of very thick, flexible insulation. It is important to have a sturdy scanner as it can easily fall to the ground when working in a car. The AD310 OBD2 scanner is a well-constructed device with a sleek design. It weighs 12 ounces and measures 8.9 x 6.9 x 1.4 inches. Thanks to its compact design and light weight, transporting the device is not a problem. The buttons are clearly labelled and the screen is large and displays results clearly.
- Accurate Fast and Easy to Use: The AD310 scanner can help you or your mechanic understand if your car is in good condition, provides exceptionally accurate and fast results, reads and clears engine trouble codes in seconds. If you want to find out the cause of the check engine light, this device will let you know immediately and fix the problem right away without any car knowledge. No need for batteries or a charger, get power directly from the OBDII Data Link Connector in your vehicle.
- OBDII Protocols and Car Compatibility: Many cheap scan tools do not really support all OBD2 protocols. This is not the case with the AD310 scanner as it can support all OBDII protocols such as KWP2000, J1850 VPW, ISO9141, J1850 PWM and CAN. This device also has extensive vehicle compatibility with 1996 US-based, 2000 EU-based and Asian cars, light trucks, SUVs, as well as newer OBD2 and CAN vehicles both domestic and foreign. Check compatibility with your vehicle model before purchasing.
- Home Necessity and Worthy to Own: This is an excellent code reader to travel or home with as it weighs less and it is compact in design. You can easily slide it in your backpack as you head to the garage, or put it on the dashboard, this will be a great fit for you. The AD310 is not only portable, but also accurate and fast in performance. Moreover, it covers various car brands and is suitable for people who just need a code reader to check their car.
- 【High-quality Car OBD2 Scanner】The YA200 OBD2 scanner is a practical car diagnostic tool, supports full OBDII functions, such as Read/Erase Codes, View Data Stream, I/M Readiness, Freeze Frame and Vehicle Information, and run O2 Sensor Test, On-Board monitor Test, and Component(EVAP System) Test, It can read and erase fault codes, turn off the check engine light so as to protect your driving safety.(Incompatible with Kia, Hyundai)
- 【Convenient Hot-key Design】 The YA200 OBD2 code reader is equipped with 3 hot keys, which is more convenient to use. One-key DTC - Looks up Pending Codes stored in the scan tool, One-key VIN - Display vehicle identification number, One-key I/M Readiness - Quick checks emission readiness status and drive cycle verification.The hand-held size makes you can take it everywhere. Just plug and play, no batteries are needed.
- 【Wide Compatibility】 Supports 9 OBDII protocols (ISO15765-4 (CAN), ISO14230-4 (KWP2000), ISO9141-2, J1850 VPW, J1850 PWM) compatible with most after 1996 US-Based, 2000 EU-Based and Asian cars. The YA200 obd2 car scanner also supports 9 languages like English, French, Russian, Spanish, German, Italian, Portuguese, Polish and Traditional Chinese, which easily meet the use of various scenarios.(Not support 24V heavy trucks)
- 【High Performance OBDII Reader】 The YA200 check engine code reader is equipped with a 320 x 240 pixels display with 2.4inch TFT Color Screen, which clearly displays the diagnostic results. With screenshot function, just press the up and down keys for 3s-5s to take screenshots, and can store up to 10 pictures. Equipped with a USB cable, the device can be Lifetime Free Update.(Now the latest version, no need to upgrade)
- 【Accurate Data & Voltage Test】 The live Data menu allows you to view the recording and playback of real time Parameter Identification Data ( PIDs ) from the electronic control module. And PIDs are displayed in textual or graphic format when available. At the same time, it supports the detection of car battery voltage and displays battery condition, Max value & Min value by graph in real time.
- 🔥【All 10 Modes of OBDII Tests】Autel AL519 OBDII scanner can perform all 10 modes of OBDII tests for complete OBD2 diagnosis, including read codes, erase codes, view live data, patented one-click smog check, freeze frame data, O2 monitor test, on-board monitor test, component test, view vehicle information, module present. AL519 scanner is the most complete & cost-effective OBD2 code reader.
- 🔥【Turn off Check Engine Light(MIL)】AL519 check engine code reader offers complete OBDII diagnostics from pulling DTCs, read live data stream of various sensors, capture freeze frame data to show how the issue happened, to even perform On-Board Monitor Test(Mode 6), O2 Monitor test, and Component Test to check misfire and fuel system to locate bad O2 sensors and figure out the root cause of the Check Engine Light (CEL).
- 🔥【Wide Vehicle Coverage】Autel AutoLink AL519 car diagnostic tool supports all OBD2 protocols: KWP2000, ISO2000, ISO9141, J1850 VPW, J1850 PWM and CAN and can work on almost all OBDII compliant vehicls- post 1996 for cars sold in the U.S., post 2006 for EU-based and post 2009 for Asia-based cars.
- 🔥【DTC Definition Lookup】Fed up with cheap code readers that you have to google the meaning of the codes? Look no further! Autel offers the AL519 auto diagnostic scanner that comes with DTC Lookup and DTC Breaker features showing you the definitions and descriptions of the DTCs in no time! No more guesswork or frowning upon the contradictory opinions on the internet!
- 🔥【Enhanced New Features】AL519 OBDII diagnostic tool features patented One-Click Smog Check, easy-to-read AVOmeter to test voltage, continuity and current at the fingertip, capable of diagnosing 12V charging systems, starting systems and condition of discharged battery, memory/battery backup for data review and data printing via PC for further analysis.
- 【Vehicle CEL Doctor】The NT301 obd2 scanner enables you to read DTCs, access to emissions readiness status, turn off CEL(check engine light) or MIL, reset monitor, read live data and retrieve VIN of your vehicle.
- 【Accuracy & Streams】Live data graphing and logging. Accurately read error codes for most Worldwide cars, SUVs, light trucks and 12V diesels equipped with Obd2. Graphing live vehicle sensors data allows you to focus on any suspicious data and trend.
- 【Worthy to Own】Recommended by Mechanic Scotty Kilmer on Youtube. Codes analysis and Printer compatible. Unique PATENTED design, 2.8" color screen, Free Lifetime Update and 1-year seller assurance with EXCLUSIVE tech and service team.
- 【Smog Check Helper】Read/Erase and I/M readiness hotkeys make it easy to use the car computer reader right out of the package. Red-Yellow-Green Leds and build-in speaker indicate the readiness status for confident emissions test.
- 【Home Necessity】Open to global customers. No battery required, NT301 obd scanner is charged directly from the 16pin DLC in your vehicle. It is recommended as a necessity in your toolbox and one of the best gifts for Home and Autoshop Mechanics.
- [ Read and Clear Codes ] : LAUNCH Creader 3001 obd2 scanner read and clear fault codes for engine system. In addition, Creader 3001 built in fault codes definition lookup library. LAUNCH Creader 3001 obd2 scanner works on most 1996 and newer US-based vehicles that are OBDII compliant (OBDII protocols: KWP2000, ISO9141, J1850 VPW, J1850 PWM and CAN). "PLUG AND PLAY" scan tool, equipped with a 2. 5 feet long cable and made of a very thick flexible insulator, very easy to use for beginners.
- [ I/M Readiness Status Test] : You can use this obd2 scanner to check the status of emission-related monitors misfire system and fuel system, make sure the monitor was set before taking it to smog, help you pass the Smog Check easily, save your money for paying fine tickets.
- [ Check Engine Light and Identify VIN information] : Turns off the MIL , if you finished repairing the faulty components, then clear the fault codes and turn on the vehicle ignition, it is surprise that you will find the check engine light is off. And more, LAUNCH Creader 3001 obd2 scanner can read the car's information such as VIN number.
- [ View Freeze Frame/Live Data Stream/ O2 Sensor/ Evap System test/ On-Board Monitor Test] : LAUNCH Creader 3001 is one useful and economic OBD2 FULL FUNCTION automotive diagnostic tool, support read live data for engine system, quick detecting vehicle failures, saving you the trips to your mechanic.
- [ 5 YEARS ]Recommended by Mechanic Scotty Kilmer on Youtube. 100% Money Back ; If you are not satisfied with our obd2 scanner for any reason, send it back for a 100% no questions asked refund. ! Providing you with high quality product and friendliest customer service are our forever goal !
- MORE CODES: To understand the problem with your vehicle you need the complete picture. With an up-to-date modern scan tool, you scan deeper to read, understand, and clear more codes. Access information normally only available to professional mechanics on their most expensive scan tools.
- REAL FIXES: Get unlimited vehicle specific Repair Reports, generated from our database of millions of fixes verified by Professional Automotive Technicians. Save time and money.
- NO CORDS: All the capabilities of an expensive scan tool (extended vehicle coverage, live data, etc.) combined with the power and convenience of your smartphone or tablet. No cords, no subscriptions, and regular free updates.
- LIVE DATA: View live data and monitor your vehicle’s health in real time. Configure the data sources, customize your view with various displays and colours, and log and export live data as a file.
- BlueDriver is proudly American owned and is the OBD2 Diagnostic Scan Tool trusted by professional mechanics and developed and supported by Professional Engineers.
- 【Tips:】 Recommend to contact us to get quick response if you have any issues. Device already registered please contact us with device SN to get new activation code. When you met the device charge extra fee, please clean the cookies in setting and sign out app, then re-log in all the software will be available for free. Message us on Amazon or mail to [email protected] com. Thinkdiag comes with 15 Reset functions one year free.
- 【15+ Maintenance Functions】Thinkcar Thinkdiag Scanner has 15 reset functions menu and more maintenance function under the exact car menu: Oil Reset, ABS Bleeding, Injector coding, SAS Reset, TPMS Reset, DPF Reset, BMS Reset, Reset Gearbox, AFS Reset, EGR Adaptation, SUNROOF, Break Reset, Suspension Rest, Elec. Throttle Relearn, SEAT Calibration, Key Coding etc. Thinkdiag is a professional diagnostic tool for mechanics. ECU coding is not suitable for every car modules, please check with us.
- 【All Vehicle Systems Bluetooth OBD2 Scanner】 Thinkdiag OBD2 Scanner supports all Systems diagnostic function, it can read/clear fault codes, read live data, read control module information, actuation tests and maintenance functions for ECM, BCM, SRS, TCM, BMS, TPMS, SAS, A/C system etc... It works with most car models after 1996 year of 120+ car brands, All software with 1 year free update, much valuable than other scanners in the market.
- 【Bi-Directional Test + ECU Coding】 Thinkdiag car code reader actuates solenoids and actuators for active testing, send commands to systems/components to test their working status, without using the vehicle controls which saves much time to identify malfunction causes. ECU CODING allows you to match the replaced components with ECU, flash hidden functions for BMW, GM, Benz etc. No matter you are private owner or professional technician, Thinkdiag is a powerful and handy scanner tool.
- 【Intelligent Diagnostic Tool with Auto-VIN】Thinkdiag Bluetooth OBD2 scanner makes your smart device become a professional vehicle diagnostic tool, it compatible with android and ios system. Auto-VIN function supports the Thinkdiag identifies most car models automatically. Full system Vehicle health report will be automatically created after diagnosis, report can be shared. Live Data Stream combined Graphing+Data Record better for monitoring vehicle performance and analyze the abnormal parameter.
- Cost-effective OBD2 Scanner▶Thinkcar Thinkdiag2 is the most powerful wireless diagnostic tool for it's price! Equipped with multi-functions of 📢Wireless BT technology, Bi-Directional control(Active Test), ECU coding, 15 maintenance resets, CAN FD protocol, All systems diagnostic, Auto Scan & Auto VIN, 120+ Car brands coverage, 1-year free update, Multilingual, AutoAuth for FCA SGW etc. Designed for workshops & DIYers. 📢Please contact us via Amazon to check compatibility before purchase!
- Full System Bluetooth OBD2 Scanner with CAN FD Protocol ▶Thinkdiag2 is a diagnostic tool supports full system diagnosis, it can read/clear fault codes, read live data, read control module information,etc. for ECM, BCM, SRS, TCM, BMS, TPMS, SAS, A/C system etc. Supporting CAN FD Protocol allows this scan tool to diagnose more cars and allows to diagnose vehicles with CAN FD directly without purchasing a $100 CAN FD adapter, reduces the risk of undetected errors to enhance the user experience.
- Bidirectional Test+ ECU Coding ▶Thinkdiag2 scanner supports actuation tests which allows to send command directly from app to vehicle ECUs to perform active tests, like window, door, sunroof, etc. Bidirectional scan tool is a standard choice in the workshop/auto repair shop to significantly reduce the mechanic's diagnostic time, and help DIYers make fault location easier. ECU Coding allows you to match replacement components to ECU and activate hidden functions for BMW, VW, AUDI, and BENZ etc.
- 15+ Maintenance Functions ▶Designed for individual car owners, DIYers, and small repair shops, Thinkdiag2 OBDII code scanner has a menu of 15 common reset functions, such as Oil reset, EPB reset, DPF regeneration, SAS calibration, ABS bleeding, injector code, IMMO matching, TPMS reset, etc. Enter from the all-system diagnostic menu to unlock more system special functions, and effectively handle the reset and relearn of most cars. Note: Functions that each car can do may be different.
- Intelligent Car Code Reader with Autovin ▶This diagnostic scanner has Auto-VIN function. It can quickly identify most car models, year, then enter the vehicle diagnostic menu. One-click 'Health Report' for a complete vehicle system scan to generate a detailed vehicle health report after diagnosis. Diagnostic reports records can be viewed and shared. It is more convenient to analyze abnormal parameters and monitor vehicle performance for data stream in detailed text or combined 4 in 1 graph.
- CHECK ENGINE YOURSELF - Read engine diagnostic trouble codes, reset Check Engine Light, view I/M readiness for SMOG check and real-time sensor readings (O2 Readings, EOT, EGT, Throttle, Boost, Speed, Fuel Trim, etc.) using your phone or tablet.
- DO MORE – With extensive third-party OBD Apps available on App Store and Google Play, you can get advanced features like enhanced diagnostics and PIDs on selected vehicles, examine the battery in hybrid & electric vehicles, customize and service selected vehicles, etc.
- WORKS WITH IOS & ANDROID - Latest model with support for more AT commands (requires app support), optimized firmware and reduced power consumption. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and Android phones and tablets via dual mode Bluetooth 4.0 (Classic + LE).
- UNIVERSAL VEHICLE COMPATIBILITY – Works with all OBD II / EOBD compliant cars and light trucks (in the United States, vehicles since year 1996 are supported, no brand limitation). Supports all five OBD II protocols: CAN, KWP2000, ISO9141-2, J1850 VPW and J1850 PWM.
- Easy to plug in & unplug, and won't obstruct legroom. NOTE: a third party App/software required to achieve all the functions (some may require separate purchase). Comes with mini carrying case. Perfect tool for car owners to check their cars at home or on the go.
How Can You Choose The Best Low Cost Obd2 Scanner?- Go Through This Buying Guide
No matter how great a brand is, you must know some factors that should be considered before making the purchase.
Some models will be more durable than the others, some will be cheaper, some will last longer, and some may make you break the bank.
So, factors like longevity, product materials, durability, price, usability, and warranty should be your concern. But imagine doing all the research before buying a single product! Won’t it be a huge burden on your shoulder when you have bigger things to get worried about?
We know how it feels. For this, we’ve done the job for you. Our AI collected thousands of data about the product information through advanced algorithms. Therefore, these buying guides will make your product selection journey smooth and simple.
How durable your Low Cost Obd2 Scanner is will be related to how long it lasts. Make sure the materials that the manufacturers used are durable enough so you don’t have to be extra alart for the product that it can wear and tear at any time.
Most branded products are durable enough but you’ll get some that are highly durable and lasts like lifetime. If you’re intended to buy one like this, remember that it will cost much as well.
Be sure about the performance of your desired product. How it performs will depend on how advance technologies are used to manufacture the product. Make sure you have a clear idea about the matters. Do a thorough check with the product to see how great it performs.
Does your chooden brand have any past negativity? Think about the rumors (if there’s any) it had in the past time; think with a clear head. You’ll get some brands reliable which have been serving their customers throughout decads.
Missing the latest models of your favourite brand is not a wise idea. You might miss some exciting new or unique features just because you were not aware of them. The little advancements and improvements can make your experience 2x better than before.
Your Needs and Requirements
Your needs and requirements will also affect the product demand. If your budget is tight, you should go for a product that’s medium in quality and price. But in that case, you’ll have to be prepare to buy another one after a few years.
Similarly, if you want a product that’s highly durale and last longer, you have to invest accordingly. So, choose the product based on what your requirement or limitation is.
In most brands, some products come with unique features that are great for meeting any particular user need. Make sure you don’t miss the opportunity. Explore every models and their unique features and then finalize your decision.
Ease of Use and Cleaning
It’s also important to know how easy to use and clean your product is. Otherwise, the complexities of operating and cleaning can make your journey bitter. Of course, busy people will not like it to spend hours just for cleaning a machine.
User Ratings and Reviews
What the users say about the product should also be considered. Seek for information from people who already used the product and have a clear idea about the pros and cons of the products.
This way, you can be aware of the negative features of a product or know the right way to use the product.