Buying a Network Backup Hard Drive can bring more comfort to your life, true. But choosing the right Network Backup Hard Drive from an ocean of different options can make your head spin. To get the right product according to your needs and requirements, it’s a must to do the proper research.
And, guess what?
We decided to save you from doing back-breaking research and come up with the best 10 Network Backup Hard Drive on the market that offers you countless features so you can pick the right product based on your need.
If you ask how we chose and ranked such a huge number of products, here’s the answer.
Our team collected the most popular branded Network Backup Hard Drive on the market and tested them respectively. This way, we got some real-life experiences to share with you. Also, we checked different E-commerce sites to go through helpful user reviews.
We take every factor related to the product seriously and try our best to make the information easy to consume for you. Moreover, we will share a comprehensive buying guide that helps you double-consider things that are related to the purchasing procedure.
Let’s dive in!
10 Best Network Backup Hard Drive- A Detailed Review
Here are our top 10 picks that are selected according to their specialties and uniqueness. We considered factors like durability, longevity, product quality, price range, and brand value while ranking the products.
- HASSLE-FREE INSTALLATION – Hard drive included, and no computer needed for setup. Simply connect the NAS to your router for instant shared network storage for all your devices at the same time. Product is compatible with PC, macOS, Android, and iOS.
- SUBSCRIPTION-FREE PERSONAL CLOUD – Store and back up videos, music, and photos and access them from anywhere without paying any monthly storage charges.
- PURPOSE-BUILT STORAGE WITH DATA SECURITY FOCUS – Storage designed to keep your data safe, the NAS features a closed system to reduce vulnerabilities from 3rd party apps and SSL encryption for secure file transfers.
- BACK UP MULTIPLE COMPUTERS & DEVICES – PC backup software included, and you can set up automated backups of data on your computers and mobile devices.
- SECURELY SHARE FILES WITH FAMILY & FRIENDS – Create individual access of folders to ensure your data remains private while securely share storage space or files with others.
- 【Your personal cloud storage with 4TB large capacity doesn't have own WIFI】：This NAS built-in 3.5inch 4TB storage, as long as it is powered and connected to the internet, you will be able to remote access and manage the storage data freely at anywhere by PC/Mobile phone,without geographical restrictions.Point to Point(P2P) confidential transmission to ensure the data security.Support Samba and DLNA Protocol, all smart devices interconnection in the same LAN, smart TVs,laptops and mobile phones.
- 【Two working mode with LED Indicator】: Two working mode meets all of your needs. NAS(Network-attachment Storage) Mode and DAS(Direct-attached storage) Mode. With 1000M Ethernet port for NAS mode, true network speed can reach to 10-30MB/s. With USB3.0 High speed transmission port for DAS mode to transfer larger numbers of various sized files. Two Modes with different LED indicator colors, easy understanding;
- 【Centralize all your data】: Support IOS, Android, Windows, MAC, all have proprietary client software, centralize all your photos,When downloading from the web page, do not use the Google Chrome browser to download, please use the IE（Internet Explorer）browser or safari browser to download on the computer
- 【One-click back up & Auto sleep】: One-click backup of photos and videos, designated folders real-time synchronous update and backup on Mobile Phone/ Tablet /PC, you can save everything and access anywhere. No longer to worry when you are on a business trip, go hiking and travel around the world. This 4TB Personal Cloud Network Attached Storage will automatically switch the work/sleep state according to the usage, which can better reduce power consumption and protect the drive.
- 【Smart management】: Smart App/Software, multi-people sharing at the same time; Support Samba&Dlna Protocol, all smart devices interconnection in the LAN, smart TVs, laptops and mobile phones can share SSK Drive data freely; Divide Hard drive to Private Area and Public Area, better to keep private information, more safety.
- Officially Licensed Product
- High speed and large capacity: 2TB storage capacity(HDD), Up to 300Mbps high speed wireless transmission, without geographical restrictions,remote access and manage the storage freely at anywhere by PC/Mobile phone, Point to Point(P2P) confidential transmission to ensure data security.
- Portable: Small size can be carried at any time, Built-in 3800Mah lithium-polymer battery, also can be used as power bank, charge your phones and other USB devices;
- Smart Control: Smart App(IOS & Android supported), smart upload/download, one Click backup, remote access easier. Supports multi-people sharing at the same time; Supports Samba and DLNA Protocol, all smart devices interconnection in the LAN, smart TVs, laptops and mobile phones can share SSKCloud data freely; Divide hard drive to Private Area and Public Area to better retain private information and improve security; One Click backup On Mobile Phones, Tablets and PCs
- Centralize all your data: Support IOS, Android, Windows, MAC, all have proprietary client software. Centralize all photos, videos, music and files in one safe place and easily access.. With USB Host Port , supports all kinds of USB storage devices, such as USB Disk, Card reader etc. and managed by SSKCloud App/Software
- 4TB Storage Capacity, Back up files from all your computers
- Gigabit Ethernet and USB 3.0, Blazing-fast file transfers
- Package Includes: Personal cloud storage, Ethernet cable, AC adapter and Quick Install Guide, DLNA 1.5 and UPnP Certified
- Auto Network Discovery, Windows and Mac Compatible.Compatible with Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Mac OS X El Capitan,Yosemite, Mavericks, or Mountain Lion operating systems. Requires,DLNA/UPnP devices for streaming and a router with Internet connection.
- Stream to your DLNA/UPnP-certified connected TVs, media players and gaming consoles
- High-capacity add-on storage
- Fast data transfers
- Plug-and-play ready for Windows PCs
- WD quality inside and out
- Available in capacities up to 5TB that can hold up to 125 games, so that you can save old favorites and still have room for new titles (As used for storage capacity, one terabyte (TB) = one trillion bytes. Total accessible capacity varies depending on operating environment. Number of games based on a 36GB average per game. The number of games will vary based on file size, formatting, other programs, and factors.)
- Comes with an 18-inch (457mm) USB Type-A to Micro-B cable with SuperSpeed interface up to 5Gbps (Cable length may vary.)
- Compatible with Xbox Series X/S (play and store Xbox One games, archive Xbox Series X and Xbox Series S games) and PlayStation 5 (play and store PS4 games, archive PS5 games) consoles
- Portable form factor with sleek metal top covering that provides fast access to your growing game library
- Premium HDD with 3-year limited warranty, purpose-built for gamers based on WD_BLACK quality and reliability
- One central place to store all your photos, videos, music and files.Data Transfer Rate:0Gbps
- Quick and simple setup from your phone
- Auto backup for photos and videos on your phone
- Backup for all your PC and Mac computers
- Massive capacity, up to 18TB capacity (1 1TB = one trillion bytes. Actual user capacity may be less depending on operating environment.)
- Includes software for device management and backup with password protection (Download and installation required. Terms and conditions apply. User account registration may be required.)
- 256-bit AES hardware encryption
- SuperSpeed USB (5 Gbps); USB 2.0 compatible
- Amazon Kindle Edition
- Guide, NAS (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 53 Pages - 12/16/2019 (Publication Date)
Which Things You Should Consider Before Buying a Network Backup Hard Drive?
Yes, there are some factors you shouldn’t missing before purchasing a Network Backup Hard Drive.
This guide will help you make the final decision easier. We will talk about things like a brand record, product quality, price range, durability, longevity, warranty, policy, and other factors that you must consider instead of simply hitting the buy button.
Even if you might make up your mind about purchasing a Network Backup Hard Drive already, this comprehensive guide is recommended to take a glance at. It’s because you shouldn’t regret making an investment in a product and have an unpleasant experience just because of the lack of a helpful guide.
How positive records does your chosen brand have? Are the users happy with their purchase from the brand? Is there any past history that might make you think twice?
Find the answers to the questions first instead of blindly trusting the brand. The brand we’ve reviewed in the article is trustworthy enough. So, you don’t have to worry about it if you pick one from them. Still, if you ever heard any rumor about one brand of them, it’s wise to double-check.
Size and Weight
Be aware of your needs first. Do you want a large-sized Network Backup Hard Drive because you won’t have to carry it often? Or, do you want a mini-sized, portable one that’s easy to carry?
It’s crucial to know the answers.
Also, the heavy weight of a product sometimes leads people to have a bitter user experience. I hope you will not be the same. Make sure you’re happy with the product weight because a lightweight Network Backup Hard Drive is more comfortable.
Since you’re investing a fair amount of money in the product and having faith in the brand, the last thing you’ll want is to have a product that’s poor in quality. So, try to know about the materials used to manufacture the product and be sure that the product is high in quality according to its price.
Durability and Longevity
The durability and longevity of a product relate to each other. Durable products that perform great last longer. So, check how durable materials are used for the manufacturing process.
A durable product tends to damage less often and it will also save money that you would spend on repairing or replacing a damaged product.
Also, get to know the approximate shelf-life of the Network Backup Hard Drive so, you don’t have over-expectation on the product. Some Network Backup Hard Drive last for decades while some may last a few months. It depends on the used material and whether you use the product in the right way.
Set your expectations from the product according to your budget. You can’t expect a Network Backup Hard Drive to last for a lifetime by spending only $80 on it. Instead, know your needs and set a fair budget for the product.
If you want a Network Backup Hard Drive that’s okay-ish and does its job somehow, go for a mid-priced one. But if your expectation is so high that you want the product to be in good health for years, you should have a wide budget.
Last but not least, don’t skip user ratings and reviews. In most cases, people share their real-life experiences with products. You can get to know about the true benefits and drawbacks of the products. Also, this ‘check-out’ may prevent you from using the product in the wrong way because users share simple tips and tricks to use the product in the right (and simple) way.