So, you are going to start a new journey with a Overhead Drum Mic; good luck for you! But not only the ‘good luck’ wish will ensure a great journey with the product, tight?
You have to go through hundreds of similar-looking, differently-performed products and choose a single one that would be suitable for your particular needs. Sounds difficult?
Well, we admit that the product selection process is truly difficult but only when you don’t have the right direction. We are here with the best 10 Overhead Drum Mic on the market with buying guide so you don’t waste your valuable hours on the research.
You might ask, how we chose the products?
We collected the all the popular brands (among what you find it hard to choose the one) and tested individually. After the tests, our team discussed the individual features and ranked the products in a short-list from one to ten numbers.
Not only this, but we talked with real-life users and got idea about how they feel about the products. Not every brand will give you 100% positive user experience; you may need to compromise some qualities for the sake of your budget or any other particular feature.
10 Best Overhead Drum Mic
And, your wait is over now. Here are the most exciting products on the market that offer you some great features and make your life easier.
- Pro-Grade Pencil Condenser Microphones Suit Overheads, Acoustic & Woodwind Instruments
- Stereo Pair Most Accurately Captures Even Slightest Audio Nuances for Recording
- 3 Included Capsules (Omni, Cardioid & Super Cardioid) Customize Pickup Pattern
- Frequency Response of 30Hz-18kHz; Sensitivity of -38dB ± 3dB (0dB=1V/Pa at 1kHz)
- Bonus: 2 Windscreens, Aluminum Carrying Case, 2 Smooth-Tilt Microphone Clips
- UNIDIRECTIONAL-captures source signal such as guitar amplifier or vocalist, while shunning off-axis sound minimizing background noise & feedback reproducing audio without interference from instruments or speakers on stage.
- DYNAMIC - For optimal clarity and punch, robust & resistant to moisture, achieving high gain before feedback, makes this microphone ideal for live vocal applications and for recording amplified instruments.
- ULTRA-WIDE FREQUENCY RESPONSE - for brilliant and transparent sound with integrated pop filter and windscreen to minimize breath and pop noises you can count on it to come through after countless gigs and studio applications.
- HIGH QUALITY - Rugged, all-metal construction for maximum reliability featuring a zinc die-cast case and steel mesh windscreen with anti-dent ring. A perfect all-purpose, versatile stage and recording microphone.
- Cardioid Pickup Pattern
- Gold-plated XLR connectors
- Carry Case & shock-mounted mic clips included
- Sold as stereo pair
- Samson Audio (Author)
- Externally-biased cardioid condenser microphone
- Packaged in a small, rugged, all metal housing
- Provides a transparent sound reproduction
- Great choice for miking overheads, high hats, cymbals, woodwinds and stringed instruments
- Frequency Response: 30 Hz - 20 kHz; Sensitivity: -56dB 0dB=1V/uBar @ 1kHz
- 7 high quality custom drum mics
- Integrated clips save on stand expense
- Heavy-duty soft-sided zippered carry case
- In use on professional tours throughout the world
- Includes D19 Snare, (3) D29 Tom, D10 Kick and (2) C9 Overhead
- Two (2) matched small-diaphragm condenser microphones
- Ideal for stereo recordings of acoustic instruments, drum overheads, ensembles and more
- Cardioid polar pattern
- 0. 75” (19 mm), gold-sputtered capsule
- Mic clips and stereo bar for XY mic placement included
- Multi-purpose studio condenser microphone with large 19mm diaphragm
- Cardioid pickup pattern with excellent off-axis rejection
- Perfect for vocals, guitars, stringed-instruments, drums and more
- Rugged mic design with heavy-gauge mesh grille
- Gold-plated XLR connector
- The industry standard for snare drum, and a reliable and high-performing choice for toms, Shure's cardioid dynamic SM57 microphone features a contoured frequency response that cuts through the mix with exceptional impact, while reproducing sound accurately.
- Perfect for the kick drum, the supercardioid Beta 52A derives its low-end punch and sonic presence from a carefully tailored frequency response. Equipped with its own pneumatic shock mount, the Beta 52A is designed with an integral locking stand mount for quick-and-easy set up.
- Shure's A56D universal drum mounting system can be used to position microphones virtually anywhere - on drum rims, microphone stands, even cymbal stands. Designed with captive parts to prevent the loss of individual pieces, the A56D is small, secure, and can be used with any standard microphone, making it a great tool for both stage and studio environments.
- Top quality microphones and an affordable price makes the Drum Mic Kit an exceptional value for the performing drummer.
- Suggested Applications: Kick Drum, Snare Drums , Rack/Floor Toms
- Sennheiser 1 x e 602-II Cardioid Dynamic for Kick Drum - 4 x e 604 Cardioid Dynamic for Toms/Snare - 2 x e 614 Super Cardioid Condenser for Overheads/Hat - 1 x Custom Slim Line Aluminum Case with Die Cut Foam - Sennheiser 2 Year Limited Warranty
- e 602-II: Transducer: Dynamic
- e 602-II: Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- e 602-II: Frequency Response: 20Hz-16kHz
- e 602-II: Power Requirements: Dynamic
- Features of PRO-D7 KIT: Bass Drum Microphone: Steel grill, Aluminum body, Zinc alloy hardware, Fits any mic stands, Anti-wind filter inside the grill, Element: Dynamic, Polar Pattern: Cardioid, Frequency response is engineered to be perfect for kick drums, Studio quality performance make these perfect for recording or live shows, Sounds great even at high SPL levels, Rejection of unwanted noises, XLR Output, Integrated flexible mounting hardware, Large diaphragm delivers accurate low frequencies
- Frequency Response: 30Hz - 12KHz, Sensitivity: -58dB 5dB, Output Impendence: 600Ω 30%(at 1kHz), Microphone Length: 4. 72 inches, Microphone Max. Diameter: 2. 01 inches, Microphone Weight: 0. 77 Lbs. Snare Drum Microphone: Steel grill, Aluminum body, Zinc alloy hardware, Fits any mic stands, Anti-wind filter inside the grill, Element: Dynamic, Polar Pattern: Cardioid, Large diaphragm delivers accurate frequency response, Frequency response is engineered to be perfect for tom-toms and snare drums.
- Studio quality performance make these perfect for recording or live shows, Sounds great even at high SPL levels, Rejection of unwanted noises, XLR Output, Mounting hardware has a swivel joint with quick release latch for easy and flexible positioning, Frequency Response: 60Hz-13KHz, Sensitivity: -54dB 3dB (0dB=1V/Pa at 1KHz), Output Impendence: 600Ω 30% (at 1kHz), Microphone Length: 4. 53 inches, Microphone Max. Diameter: 1. 61 inches, Microphone Weight: 0. 44 Lbs.
- Overhead Condenser Microphones: Overhead cardioid condenser microphone, Steel grill, Aluminum body, Anti-wind filter inside the grill, Element: condenser, 16 MM large diameter cartridge has amazing sound, Polar Pattern: Cardioid, Large diaphragm delivers accurate frequency response, Frequency response is extremely flat and engineered to be perfect for cymbals and other drums, Studio quality performance make these perfect for recording or live shows, Sounds great even at high SPL levels.
- Rejection of unwanted noises, XLR Output, Mounting hardware has a swivel joint with quick release latch for easy and flexible positioning, Low mass diaphragm, Frequency Response: 70Hz-20KHz, Sensitivity: 13mV/Pa, Output Impendence: 2000 Ohms (at 1kHz), Max SPL: 127dB(at 1kHz=1% T. H. D), S/N ratio: 96dB, Power Supply: Phantom 48V or DC1. 5V, Microphone Length: 8. 46 inches, Microphone Max. Diameter: 1. 06 inches, Microphone Weight: 0. 22 Lbs.
How Can You Choose The Best Overhead Drum Mic?- Go Through This Buying Guide
No matter how great a brand is, you must know some factors that should be considered before making the purchase.
Some models will be more durable than the others, some will be cheaper, some will last longer, and some may make you break the bank.
So, factors like longevity, product materials, durability, price, usability, and warranty should be your concern. But imagine doing all the research before buying a single product! Won’t it be a huge burden on your shoulder when you have bigger things to get worried about?
We know how it feels. For this, we’ve done the job for you. Our AI collected thousands of data about the product information through advanced algorithms. Therefore, these buying guides will make your product selection journey smooth and simple.
How durable your Overhead Drum Mic is will be related to how long it lasts. Make sure the materials that the manufacturers used are durable enough so you don’t have to be extra alart for the product that it can wear and tear at any time.
Most branded products are durable enough but you’ll get some that are highly durable and lasts like lifetime. If you’re intended to buy one like this, remember that it will cost much as well.
Be sure about the performance of your desired product. How it performs will depend on how advance technologies are used to manufacture the product. Make sure you have a clear idea about the matters. Do a thorough check with the product to see how great it performs.
Does your chooden brand have any past negativity? Think about the rumors (if there’s any) it had in the past time; think with a clear head. You’ll get some brands reliable which have been serving their customers throughout decads.
Missing the latest models of your favourite brand is not a wise idea. You might miss some exciting new or unique features just because you were not aware of them. The little advancements and improvements can make your experience 2x better than before.
Your Needs and Requirements
Your needs and requirements will also affect the product demand. If your budget is tight, you should go for a product that’s medium in quality and price. But in that case, you’ll have to be prepare to buy another one after a few years.
Similarly, if you want a product that’s highly durale and last longer, you have to invest accordingly. So, choose the product based on what your requirement or limitation is.
In most brands, some products come with unique features that are great for meeting any particular user need. Make sure you don’t miss the opportunity. Explore every models and their unique features and then finalize your decision.
Ease of Use and Cleaning
It’s also important to know how easy to use and clean your product is. Otherwise, the complexities of operating and cleaning can make your journey bitter. Of course, busy people will not like it to spend hours just for cleaning a machine.
User Ratings and Reviews
What the users say about the product should also be considered. Seek for information from people who already used the product and have a clear idea about the pros and cons of the products.
This way, you can be aware of the negative features of a product or know the right way to use the product.