It’s great that you’ve decided to buy a Saltwater Refractometer for you; you won’t regret it because it will make your life easier. But the choosing the right Saltwater Refractometer part is quite tricky, it’s not always easy. And, the process is even harder if you’re just a novice user. Why?
Well, there are hundreds of popular brands out there; which one should you go for? There are different price ranges which even make you more confused about choosing the right product.
However, we don’t want you to have an unpleasant experience. For this, we did all of the research to help you with product selection. Since it’s an investment, one wrong move might make your next days bad.
We ran a test with the so-called best Saltwater Refractometer on the market and came up with a short list.
The test was run for having a real-life experience. Apart from this, we also went through user reviews from different E-commerce sites to collect the facts about what other people think about the products.
So, let’s see what we’ve kept for you!
10 Best Saltwater Refractometer: Honest Review from Our Experience
Okay, we have already enough prologue. Let’s go through the best Saltwater Refractometer and make a perfect choice according to your needs.
- Measure salt water or salinity of water, ideal for aquariums and marine monitoring.
- Measures on 2 scales, Specific Gravity (D 20/20) and parts per thousand.
- Features automatic temperature compensation.
- Comes with hard case, dropper, screwdriver, user manual and cleaning cloth.
- The main part is made of chromium, it's very durable.
- DESIGNED FOR - testing the concentration of saltwater, help you to monitor and control the concentration of salt water.
- WIDELY USE - Can be used for Aquariums, Marine Monitoring, Agricultural, Gardening & Educational Purposes.
- EASY , ACCURATE & AFFORDABLE - This refractometer is more accurate and easier to use than traditional hydrometers, more affordable than digital refractometers.
- DUAL SCALE -- Provides reading of 0-100PPT(parts per thousand ) and corresponding specific gravity range 1.000 to 1.070. You can get the both result at just one test.
- AUTOMATIC TEMPERTURE COMPENSATION --The build-in Automatic Temperature Compensation feature makes it get consistently accurate reading, no need to control the liquids temperature deliberately, just make sure it's at roomtemperature .
- Measures on 2 Scales: Aquariums refractometer features Specific Gravity (D 20/20) 1.000-1.070sg and parts per thousand 0-100PPT (1‰=1ppt=1000ppm)
- Seawater refractometer measures saltwater or salinity of water, ideal for aquarium, marine monitoring, fish-keeping,salty pools&spas and etc.
- ATC Function: salty water refractometer with automatic temperature compensation, allow you obtain accurate readings easier and faster
- Salinity Refractometer is made of aluminum body and ABS rubber light and very sturdy, comes with a hard plastic case, a mini screwdriver, a dropper
- Easy to Use: put 2-3 drops on the saltwater’s prism, towards light then to get the accurate readings through the optic eyepiece, ideal for replacement the poor quality and difficult to read hydrometer refractometer
- Salinity Range: 0~9999ppm/10~200ppt or 0.0-25%, ORAPXI salinity tester has an automatic temperature compensation function(32°F~140°F), which can decrease the error caused by the change of liquid temperature.
- Wide applications: There are various purposes for the salinity tester. This instrument can not only detect the salt content of edible salt, salt water pool and koi fish pond, but also the salinity of seawater, marine, salt water fish tank salt level testing.
- Backlit design: There is no need to worry about seeing the displayed value if the light is insufficient. ORAPXI salinity meter features a green backlit LCD to help you see the measurement results clearly in any situation.
- 4-in-1 salinity tester: The multi-parameter Tester can test Salinity, TDS, EC and Temperature in an accurate, quick and reliable manner for most regular water solutions' testing. Support One-tap switch from salinity to TDS/EC.
- After-sales: 30-day free return/replacement and we promise respond your any questions about the product within 12 hours.
- 【AUTOUTLET Salinity Refractometer】This salinity tester is used to measure salinity of brine/seawater, monitor and control the concentration of saltwater. Ideal for aquariums and marine applications.
- 【Measures on 2 Scales】This saltwater hydrometer measures on dual scales: specific gravity and salinity. Ideal for aquariums, marine monitoring, agriculture, gardening and educational purposes.
- 【Measurement Range】Density of 1.0-1.070 with min scale of 0.001. Concentration of 0-100‰, with min scale of 1‰ (1‰=1PPT=1000PPM, PPT means “parts per thousand”, PPM means “parts per million”)
- 【With ATC Function】ATC compensation Range (i.e. Built-in Automatic Temperature Compensation System) from 10℃ to 30℃.
- 【Solid and Lightweight】Salinity meter is made of durable aluminum, which is non-staining, non-corrosive and rustless. Also, it's compact in size with rubberized grip handle, very easy to carry.
- Upgraded Quality
- Partable Hard Storage Box
- Dual Salinity Scale
- Automatic Temperature Compensation
- Full 12 Month Replacement Warranty
- DUAL SCALES - Saltwater Refractometer measures on specific gravity (D20/20) 1.000-1.070 and parts per thousand 0~100‰, you can get the result in two different units by one test. Please contact us when you met any problem, and we will solve it for you within 24h
- WIDELY USE - The Refractometer designed for Aquariums, Marine Monitoring, Agricultural and Educational Purposes. Help you to control concentration of salt water easily
- EASY TO USE - Put 2-3 drops of sample solution after calibration on prism, towards light, then get the accurate readings. Aquarium refractometer is ideal for replacement salinity hydrometers or expensive digital salinity tester
- ATC FUNCTION - Aquarium hydrometer features Automatically Temperature Compensate function and always provide you accurate readings fast
- DURABLE & PORTABLE - Saline refractometer is made of aluminum and ABS rubber, anti-rust, non-staining and resistant abrasion, sturdy for long time use. Portable refractometer with plastic case easy to carry
- Dual-Range Scale Refractometer --- A healthy saltwater aquarium requires a salinity balance or the salt concentration in aquarium water. Refractometer by JOR helps maintain this fundamental parameter in your saltwater aquarium or reef tank, measuring both salt percentage and specific gravity. This measuring tool has a scale range of 0 to 100%, where 1% means one part per thousand (PPT) or 1000 parts per million (PPM) and with a corresponding specific gravity range of 1.000 to 1.070.
- Provides Accurate Measurement Reading --- Forget guessing and estimating. This handy refractometer features automatic temperature compensation that gives precise, faster and easier readings.
- Easy To Use --- Place 2 to 3 drops of aquarium water on the glass, then close the plastic cover. Look through the eyepiece as you hold it under a light source. Check the reading. The blue line indicates the exact salinity level.
- High Quality And Economical --- This premium quality handheld refractometer has an aluminum alloy body, rubber grip, and adjustable focus. It doesn’t corrode, and since it is analog, it can also save you money because it doesn’t need batteries to operate, sparing you from buying replacements.
- Complete Care Set --- This portable measuring device comes with a hard case for proper storage. It also comes with a cloth so you can wipe the prism plate. The kit also includes essential tools during calibration and testing, such as a suction tube, screwdriver and a user’s manual.
- 【Advanced Salinity Refractometer】 This refractometer is used to measure the salinity of salt water, seawater or low concentrated saltwater and helps you monitor and control the concentration of salt water. It can be used for aquarium, ocean monitoring, saltwater swimming pool, laboratory, agriculture, gardening and education.
- 【Dual Salinity Scale】Saltwater Refractometer measures on specific gravity (D20/20) 1.000-1.070 and parts per thousand 0~100‰, you can get the result in two different units by one test.This refractometer is more accurate, easier to use and more economical than the digital refractometer.
- 【ATC Function】The refractometer for saltwater aquarium adopts the Automatic Temperature Compensation technology from 10℃ to 30℃ (50 F to 86 F) to reduce the measurement errors caused by different temperatures. Provide accurate, fast and simple readings.
- 【High-quality Materials】More accurate than cheap refractometers! The salinity tester refractometer is nontoxic and waterproof, which is sturdy and durable. The streamlined design of the telescope shape is easy to grasp and portable. You can adjust the clarity of the scale lines by rotating the eyepiece.
- 【Easy To Use】Our salt water test kits for aquariums contains the required accessories, so there is no need to buy additional accessories and batteries. Just drop 2-3 drops of liquid sample on the prism of refractometer, and then read the reading directly through eyepiece. Simple operation, convenient use and time saving.
Buying Guide on How to Choose The Right Saltwater Refractometer for You
We belive that making the right purchase can be tricky because there are a lot of factors included. Factors like durability, longevity, ease of use, maintenance requirements, price, and warranty policy can make you feel puzzled.
But this guide can help you in a great way. We will make you alart about every major and minor things that should be remembered throughout the purchasing process.
You’ll want to choose a product that goes smoothly with your budget; we get it.
But don’t think that buying cheap products can always help you save money. Because going for too cheap products might wear and tear so fast that you need to spend some more money to repair the product.
Moreover, considering brand history and their warranty policy is a wise descision as you’ll want to use the product as long as possible.
Below are some must-consider factors that you should know before hitting the buy button.
Although some people don’t care about brand history, it’s wise to check it once. Some brands provide high-quality service from years to years whereas some fail to do so. However, it’s a relief that most brands are trustable since branded products cost high (the money you spend are worth it in most cases).
Know Your Requirements
The good news is, branded products come in a variety of features and you can select the right product according to your exact requirement. So, no matter whether you need a giant Saltwater Refractometer or a mini version of it, you’ll get what you need.
Do not ever compromise with the quality of your desired product. Do a thorough research about what can be the best material of the product you want and choose accordingly. Know the specifications and the materials that are used to manufacture the product and then make a final descision.
Most of the branded products come with a unique feature for a specific set of audiances. If you particularly want a special feature that only one model of the brand manufactures, explore enoguh to find it.
Know your budget first. While exploring different products, you might notice products with high price difference. However, there are logical reasons for such difference in prices. Some products migth come in high quality and cost accordingly whereas some can be mid-priced for being medium-quality products.
If you want to product for a long-term usage, it’s recommended to keep a fair budget. Otherwise, the repairment of the product will cost unpleasantly later.
Ease of Use and Maintain
It’s important to know how easy is to operate your product. You may find some products with unwanted complexation. Ignore them if you don’t like to deal with technical complexities.
Also, some products come in high maintenance that some users lose interest buying it. If you’re a busy person with the least time to maintain your Saltwater Refractometer go for a high-quality product that doesn’t require high maintenance.
Sometimes we miss better opportunities like we don’t follow the warranty policies and can’t take the advantage when we find any problem with the product. Make sure you don’t do the same. Most brands offer you useful warranty policy that you should know before buying the product.
E-commerce user reviews are helpful because people share their personal experiences there. In most cases, the reivews and ratings are honest. It’s better to get an idea from the poeple who already used the product and know what’s the right way to use it.